E-liquid is the mixture used in vapor products such as e-cigarettes and generally consists of propylene glycol, water, flavorings, glycerin, and nicotine. It is commonly sold online from different sites.
What Is The First Thing To Consider?
Flavor. Yes, it is the first thing to consider when buying e-liquid because even if all the other variables – nicotine strength, PG or VG (explained later) and vapor production are perfect but you do not like the flavor then e-liquid will not be used. There are best e-liquid flavors you could think of such as food, cocktails, fruity, and of course tobacco blends. Using the easy-to-use web applications, some of the companies will even allow you to mix your own vape juice. Because of its closely-matched flavor of their favorite cigarette brands, new users often choose tobacco blends. Many e-liquid manufacturers create various blends that mimic the taste of popular cigarettes. Upon choosing e-liquid flavors, start with the ones that you are pretty sure you’ll like and then you can start experimenting with other flavors once you have a good stock of those. Some people make on their own that is why they don’t buy e-liquids at all.
Choosing Nicotine Strength of Your Vape Juice
After choosing the flavor, the next step is to determine your preferred nicotine strength. Nicotine is the substance found in tobacco that makes cigarettes addictive and e-liquids come in varying nicotine strengths and the average ranges vary between 0%, 0.6%, 1.2%, 1.8%, 2.4% and 3.6% nicotine by volume.
- 0% – this is appropriate for ex-smokers who have beaten their addiction to nicotine but still crave the oral fixation associated with smoking cigarettes or for those who simply enjoy the act of vaping but don’t want to ingest any nicotine.
- 6% – this is the lightest level on the market and it is slightly weaker than what’s found in a light cigarette. It is commonly used as the last nicotine-containing e-liquid before quitting.
- 2% (12 mg) – it is commonly used by people who used to smoke light cigarettes and for those who enjoy vaping but don’t have a strong need for nicotine.
- 8% (18 mg) – a medium-strength e-liquid that is used by most former smokers and by vapers who prefer some nicotine in their liquids.
- 4% (24 mg) – recommended for heavy smokers who used to smoke about a pack a day.
- 6% (36 mg) – has the heaviest concentration of nicotine that most vendors provide and mostly intended for very heavy smokers who used to smoke more than two packs a day.
E-liquids And Safety
The health effects of long-term use of e-cigarettes remain untested and unknown because nicotine is known to have some adverse effects on health as well as addictive properties. It is important to keep in mind that the contents of e-liquids can vary between different manufacturers and suppliers so it’s best to choose the well-known and reliable vendors when buying your e-liquids.